Housekeeping Supervisor - Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, Virginia, Alexandria
Hotel: Old Town Alexandria (AXEIN), 220 South Union Street, 22314
Job number: R208832
A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo ®, we do more than satisfy our guest’s curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighborhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavors. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas.
And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So we’re curious about you. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighborhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests.
At Hotel Indigo we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original. Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident. Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on. Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Each Hotel Indigo® property is uniquely designed to reflect the culture, character and history of the surrounding neighborhood. Nestled on the shores of one of the busiest ports in America, Hotel Indigo® Old Town Alexandria is a charming enclave of colonial treasures and historic waterfront architecture. Between Old Town’s iconic cobblestones to the north and the Potomac’s storied banks to the east, our boutique hotel showcases the neighborhood’s dynamic allure. Traces of Alexandria’s colonial past are evident throughout the hotel, but the story got subterranean when crews unearthed a 50-foot vessel during construction. According to archaeologists, the ship was abandoned in the late 18th century and served as a crucial part of the process responsible for extending the waterfront.Your day to day
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you’ll keep all aspects of housekeeping and laundry running smoothly - and ensure our high standards are met to deliver a memorable and unique guest experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control expenses and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties such as filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms, and updating log books, etc.
- Prepare and analyze 90-day occupancy forecast and communicate needs/deficiencies in staffing to management.
- Assist with scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage. Monitor performance and recommend disciplinary action in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Inspect storage rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
- May perform daily housekeeping duties necessary including makings beds and vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Follow up with Supervisor to confirm all tools, supplies and equipment are available and in working order for staff.
- Inspect all assigned areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action.
- Advise maintenance of any needed repairs in all guest rooms and public areas.
- Ensure staff is in proper, well-maintained uniforms, with special attention to those working in public areas. Personal appearance and hygiene must be according to Company policy.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties. Monitor performance and recommend corrective action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Assist in promptly resolving any guest complaints pertaining to housekeeping services.
- Inspect all laundry equipment and monitor laundry operation to ensure that appropriate chemicals are being used and that laundry areas are clean and in compliance with applicable regulations. Ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Assist in educating/training employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years laundry experience including some supervisory training/experience. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communicating with other people
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, logs, or paperwork.
- Basic mathematical skills are used occasionally.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.