Housekeeping Supervisor - Holiday Inn Express Singapore Serangoon
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Hotel: Singapore Serangoon (SINSG), 270 Jalan Besar
Job number: 109557
What’s the job?
Assist Housekeeping Manager to supervise the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel or company business objectives. Accountable for safety, service and execution of the consistent Holiday Inn Express guest experience.
- Work with Housekeeping Manager to ensure department cost and expenses are in line with department budget.
- Supervise the implementation of IHG 5 Ways of Clean standards and IHG Brand Standards in relation to:
- Bedroom service
- Bathroom service
- Cleaning service
- Linen maintenance
- Recommended changes to these standards and training needs on an ongoing basis
- Good communication to Housekeeping employees and other departments
- Ensure consistency within the department
- Works with supervisor and HR on manpower planning and management needs
- Open and close the shift and ensure effective shift handover
- Management of all incoming and outgoing calls
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of all housekeeping systems and standards
- Prioritise arrival rooms
- Liaise with Front Office for guest and hotel requirements
- Co-ordinate special projects (e.g. site rooms, pest control, carpet cleaning, room inventories)
- Manage special requests made by guests
- Management of lost property for the hotel
- Complete knowledge of room types, layouts and facilities
- Perform room audits and ensure monthly room IHG Way of Clean audits are conducted and housekeeping employees are achieving set targets
- Releasing rooms and room status management
- Manage storage areas
- Maintain adequate stock levels
- Complete annual stock takes as required
- Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Duty Meal
- Birthday Off
- Flexi Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
- High School or Diploma or equivalent in Hotel Management or related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience or similar capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Adaptable in shift work schedules and may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.