Housekeeping Supervisor - Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Singapore Clarke Quay (SINCQ), 2 Magazine Road, 059573
Job number: 109653
Holiday Inn Express is the smart choice for savvy business and leisure travelers, offering a relaxed, affordable and hassle-free stay every time. Located at the heart of key business and leisure districts, every Holiday Inn Express is just steps away from dining and entertainment options. As a Team Member at Holiday Inn Express, you will experience a variety of roles in your daily job and will be empowered to make a difference. You will be part of a multi-skilled, multi-talented, collaborative and action-oriented team to deliver the SMART experience, providing everything our guests need and nothing they don’t.
Your day to day
The Housekeeping Supervisor will supervise the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel or company business objectives. He/She is accountable for safety, service and execution of the consistent Holiday Inn Express guest experience. He/She will also support and coordinate the administrative matters among Rooms Division – Housekeeping, Front Office and Engineering in ensuring the smooth operations of the Hotel. The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Works with Housekeeping Manager to ensure department cost and expenses are in line with department budget.
- Runs morning reports, these include: Housekeeping Room Status Report; VIP Report; Out-of-Order Report; Arrivals; Housekeeper’s report.
- Prepares daily room assignments (maid’s report) for morning shift room attendant.
- Reviews message books for special requests or instructions
- Maintains a current and thorough knowledge of all housekeeping systems
- Prioritises arrival rooms
- Liaises with Front Office for guest and hotel requirements
- Ensures guest valet is processed and delivered in a timely manner
- Co-ordinates special projects (e.g. site rooms, vermin control, window and carpet cleaning, room inventories)
- Management of lost property for the hotel
- Manages all special requests made by guests
- Ensures you have complete knowledge of room types, layouts and facilities
- Performs room audits and ensure monthly room IHG Way of Clean audits are conducted and housekeeping employees are achieving set targets
- Releasing rooms and room status management
- Key work order for Engineering to follow up with the maintenance job.
- Informs Manager or security of any emergencies brought to Housekeeping’s attention
- Manages the room attendant audit portal
- Following up with Guest request by coordinating with both Engineering and Housekeeping departments
- Supervises the implementation of housekeeping standards and procedures in relation to - Bedroom service, Bathroom service, Cleaning service, Linen maintenance
- Recommends changes to these standards and training needs on an ongoing basis
- Solves employee grievances
- Ensures consistency within the department
- Works with Superior and Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
- Opens and close the shift and ensure effective shift hand over
- Distribution and collection of master keys
- Management of all incoming and outgoing calls
- Issues keys according to floor assignments.
- Answers phone and logs all messages
- Responds to any requests from guests
- Informs supervisors of any special guest needs
- Coordinates the make-up or rush rooms with Front Desk
- Prepares and monitors room status reports for possible discrepancies
- Transmits messages from guests to Housekeeping personnel, laundry department, F&B-room service, front office and engineering
- Manage storage areas
- Maintain adequate stock levels
- Completes stock takes as required
- Maintains stock levels
- Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Records and manage all Lost and Found items.
- Coordinates the return of all lost and found items.
- Prepares the next day’s schedule based on the house count.
- Calls in extra personnel when necessary.
- Coordinator to relief floor supervisor, training supervisor and Housekeeping clerk when they are off or on Leave.
- Checks whether all keys are in respective place
- Coordinates with outsourced labour vendors and prepare monthly attendance report (Housekeeping and Engineering).
- Prepares vendors’ invoices to submit to Finance Department
- Assists in keeping track of the IHG Crisis Management Calendar checklist on Global Evaluation Manager (GEM)
- Assists in documenting audit files
- Raises purchase orders
What we need from you
Supervises Housekeeping team in Singapore’s leading SMART hotel. Responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of the hotel (442 guest rooms), Great Room dining space, Rooftop swimming pool and fitness facilities and onsite DIY laundry.
- High School or Diploma in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent and 2 years’ housekeeping experience preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity and including supervisory experience or training.
- 2 years’ housekeeping experience preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity and including supervisory experience or training
- A positive and keen to learn attitude.
- Great communication skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English and with good communication skills
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive compensation and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Medical Benefit
- Dental/ Optical/ Health Screening Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the Holiday Inn Express brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 6000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the Holiday Inn Express brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.