Location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Hotel: EVEN - Pittsburgh Downtown (PITEV)
Job number: R198709
At EVEN Hotels®, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge, and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
Be Encouraging by recognizing our guest’s achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
Your day to day
- Direct daily activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods
- Make sure the quality of housekeeping and laundry services is always superb - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make rooms special and memorable for guests
- Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, rooms, equipment, linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction
- Carry out special requests from guests, VIPs, repeat visitors and club members
- Help guests with their questions and complaints to achieve complete guest satisfaction
- Look smart - wear your uniform with pride
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment whilst minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling, and cleaning agents)
- Reunite items with owners - and log any lost and found property
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
- Help prepare and monitor the hotel’s annual budget with a focus on increasing profitability
- Maintain proper inventory levels managing cost per room for supplies and labour Carry out the special requests from guests, VIPs, repeat visitors and club members
What we need from you
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.