Housekeeping Room Attendant (Full-time) | InterContinental Miami
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R186227
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
As a Room Attendant – you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in - or get a bit of last minute work done.
- You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
- Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
- Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times - and wear protective equipment when needed
- Be organized - keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimize waste
- Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects
- May have turndown duties
- May assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and or push/pulling heavy objects
- You’ll might need to bend and kneel to complete some activities
- Literacy skills - reading, writing and basic maths skills
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled