Housekeeping Manager | Holiday Inn Express Kathmandu Naxal
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Nepal, Kathmandu
Hotel: Kathmandu Naxal (KTMNA), Naxal, 44600
Job number: 115661
The Holiday Inn Express Kathmandu Naxal (An IHG Hotel) will be an exceptional addition to Nepal's hospitality landscape. Situated in the heart of Kathmandu, adjacent to the Nepal Police Headquarters, the hotel's strategic location near the city center, embassies, and key attractions offers guests unrivaled convenience. With Nepal's stunning mountain landscapes attracting adventurers and its rich Hindu and Buddhist heritage drawing culture enthusiasts, Kathmandu has emerged as a coveted travel destination. The hotel features top-notch facilities including full-service F&B outlets like The Great Room and a Roof Top Restaurant, along with versatile event spaces and a fitness center. Boasting 110 rooms, this establishment promises an unforgettable stay in the vibrant capital of Nepal.
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Express® family.
What is the job?
As Housekeeping Manager, you’ll keep all aspects of housekeeping and laundry running smoothly - and ensure high standards are met to deliver memorable and unique guest experiences.
Your day to day
- Direct daily activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods
- Make sure the quality of housekeeping and laundry services is always superb - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make rooms special and memorable for guests
- Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, rooms, equipment, linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction
- Carry out special requests from guests, VIPs, repeat visitors and club members
- Help guests with their questions and complaints to achieve complete guest satisfaction
- Look smart - wear your uniform with pride
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment whilst minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling, and cleaning agents)
- Reunite items with owners - and log any lost and found property
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
- Help prepare and monitor the hotel’s annual budget with a focus on increasing profitability
- Maintain proper inventory levels managing cost per room for supplies and labour Carry out the special requests from guests, VIPs, repeat visitors and club members
- Creates strategies to promote Laundry Revenue and optimization of cost
What we need from you
- High School Diploma / secondary education / equivalent
- Four years' housekeeping/laundry experience preferably in a hotel of similar size, including supervisory experience. Some college preferred
- Must be fluent in local language and other languages preferred
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great work environment and benefits – including but not limited to F&B Discount, IHG Employee Rate, Hotel Uniform, Meal at Employee Restaurant, excellent development, and advancement opportunities across the globe.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
*Resident of Nepal can only apply to above position.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.