Housekeeping Manager - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: InterContinental - Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC)
Job number: USA24539
Do you see yourself as a Housekeeping Manager? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Assist in managing the housekeeping operation and staff to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help prepare and monitor the departmental budget and financial plans to support the hotel’s overall profitability
- Manage inventory, inventory levels, and other expenses based on analysis of budgetary impact, demand, and other factors
- Interact with outside contacts:
o Vendors/Contractors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Other contacts as needed
- Provide ongoing training, coaching, and counselling to all housekeeping employees
- Drive salary change, disciplinary, and termination actions for housekeeping employees
- Drive the hiring process, including job posting, candidate selection, interviewing, and hiring of housekeeping employees
- Plan and lead team meetings to provide coaching around new procedures, policies, and areas of need, as well as pre-shift meetings to review information pertinent to the day’s activities
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments, including Front Office, Guest Relations, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage
- May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments
- Monitor guest complaints and special requests, and ensure action is taken to achieve satisfaction
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the housekeeping department, including regularly directing and overseeing the work of two or more full-time housekeeping employees
- Develop, communicate, and enforce department policies and procedures
- Plan, schedule, organize, and oversee work to ensure proper coverage, timely completion, and satisfactory performance
- Schedule routine inspections of guest rooms and public areas, coach employees on deficiencies, and provide corrective action where appropriate
- Serve as “manager on duty” as required
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods
- May assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
High School Diploma or equivalent, plus management or supervisory experience and four years of housekeeping/laundry experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.