Hotel Brand: Principal Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, Yorkshire, York
Hotel: Principal York
Job number: R195190
The Principal York are looking for a Housekeeping Manager to join our growing team.
Principal York, being steps from the train station and is the perfect base from which to discover the historic city of York. Blending the grandeur of late-Victorian architecture with the comforts of modern travel, at Principal York offers we offer our guests the warmest welcome this side of the Pennines. Our hotel and teams combined, make the Principal York more than just a place to sleep.
Our Housekeeping Manager supports our Cluster Executive Head Housekeeper with the effective and efficient running of the housekeeping team, with direct accountability for defined processes within the department ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded.
Housekeeping Manager’s communicate both internally within the Housekeeping team and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalized and always exceeds expectation.
Working as a Housekeeping Manager you will ensure all team members are trained and maintaining IHG way of Clean, you will manage the day today team with the support of the Executive Head Housekeeper, you will work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening & Night Shifts, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
So what’s in for you:
As we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, we can offer you a market leading package
- from £28,000 to £30,000 (Dependent on experience)
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focusing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
To succeed as our Housekeeping Manager, you will need:
- Duty management and Housekeeping team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size & standard.
- Proven track record with success at coaching and training and implementation of process and audit
- Proven record of self initiative and demonstrating capability to lead a team
- Demonstrates collaboration with other departments
- Shows awareness of market trends and has the ability to implement new initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations ensuring the business is always operated within the law
- Understanding of systems to support driving results –Opera, Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of service optimization tool such as ‘Quore’ a plus
Do you have what it takes to be our Housekeeping Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.