Hotel Brand: Principal Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, Yorkshire, York
Hotel: Principal York
Job number: R191507
The Principal York are looking for a Housekeeper to join the 5* team
Principal York, being steps away from the train station and the perfect base from which to discover the historic city of York. Blending the grandeur of late-Victorian architecture with the comforts of modern travel, at Principal York offers we offer our guests the warmest welcome this side of the Pennines. Our hotel and teams combined, make the Principal York more than just a place to sleep. It is a place of memories.
We are Looking for Housekeepers who can commit to 2/3/4/5 Days per week
We are paying £9.60 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
What’s in for you as a Housekeeper (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- £9.60 per hour
- After 3 months, you have the opportunity to apply to be a Self-Checker, giving you the ability to earn £10.50 per hour
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through your high-quality housekeeping work, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! from cleaning a room, working to ensure our back of house areas are sparkling, or public areas are clean and safe. You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within our hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around these. Although this isn’t a full guest facing role, you will still play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly approachable and the best version of you whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests.
To succeed as a Housekeeper, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and be
- Previous experience in Hotel Cleaning, as room attendant or public areas cleaner
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.