Hotel Services Team Member (Part-Time) - Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Job number: EMEAA22679
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
We're looking for energetic and customer-focused Hotel Services Team Members to join our team part-time at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport.
Your day to day
Our Hotel Service Team Members are the face of our hotel and with your dynamic personality and great communication skills you will create memorable guest experiences for our guests every step of the way - from arrival through to departure identifying and anticipating their needs.
As a team we all work closely so we are looking for multi-skilled super stars that can go from picking up guests from the airport with our very own shuttle bus, to checking them in and then making them a cocktail in our Bar. We are looking for someone to join our team part time, focused on providing seamless service across all operations including reception as well as supporting our Restaurant and Bar and Conference and Events. As a Hotel Services Team Member you will have endless opportunities to develop in all areas of hotel operations all whilst delivering on our passion to Make Guests Smile.
What we need from you
- Previous experience working in the hotel industry is advantageous but not necessary
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Food & Beverage related field preferred
- Flexible availability – mornings, nights, weekends and public holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication and organisational skills
- Ability to have genuine connections with guests and colleagues
- Team player with a collaborative approach to work
- Valid Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification and Full Australian Drivers licence are required
- Working Rights - you must have unrestricted and unlimited working rights in Australia
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.