Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Canberra
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Canberra (CBRBS)
Job number: EMEAA27326
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people. They’re just people. Doing business. By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and netflix.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn. When you’re part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
Whether travelling for business or pleasure, Crowne Plaza Canberra is the perfect location for any occasion. With a tranquil park setting in Canberra’s CBD, the city’s shopping, entertainment as well as the business district, only a short walk away. Join us as an Hotel Services Manager at Crowne Plaza Canberra. Stop existing and start living!
Your day to day
As a Rooms Division Operations Manager you will lead the day to day operations of the hotel and are responsible for the effective running of Hotel Services across Rooms Division to ensure the achievement of established Crowne Plaza quality, guest and colleague standards along with departmental revenue and profit goals. You will form strategic external alliances and partners to support the Hotel’s positioning and actively promote the Hotel and brand through community and professional involvement.
This is a critical position requiring proven capability in creating a positive and productive work environment. Your strength will be your ability to build, motivate, and lead an effective team that delivers results and is highly engaged. This role will directly report to the General Manager.
What we need from you
This ideal candidate will bring the following
- Proven experience in a senior leadership capacity across Rooms Division, ideally including experience reporting directly to a General Manager.
- Great communication skills (written and verbal), passion for delivering results and developing people and self.
- Strong leadership and mentoring experience and capabilities.
- Ability to manage complex relationships and key stakeholders including owners.
- Excellent project management skills to partner with the General Manager throughout. - Comprehension of Hotel systems and revenue management principles.
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Business Administration.
- Certifications - First Aid Certification and Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
- Unrestricted working rights for Australia and Flexibility – early, late, weekend, night and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including, discounted car parking, great room discounts and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.http://careers.ihg.comto find out more about us. So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.