Hotel Porter - Casual
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
Hotel: Melbourne Airport (MELCR), 10 - 14 Centre Road, Melbourne Airport, 3045
Job number: 105073
We want to make our guests’ experiences truly memorable from the very first moment. To set the right tone, we’re looking for a warm and welcoming Hotel Porter to transport our guests to and from the airport via our airport shuttle bus service on a casual basis.
First impressions are crucial and you will become the welcoming face of Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport and you'll quickly become an expert in all things related to Melbourne Airport and surrounds and happily share that knowledge with our friendly guests.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
● Confident to drive our 12 seater shuttle bus to and from Melbourne Airport
● Sharing your expert local knowledge of the airport precinct and Melbourne
● Be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the shuttle vehicles, inside and out
● Assisting guest with their luggage and items
● Ensuring every guest enjoys discretion, ethical behaviour, privacy and confidentiality
● Leading the way as a brand ambassador to promote the hotel’s other businesses
● Shifts are mainly available in the early mornings or evenings
What we need from you:
● Excellent communication and customer service skills, where you warmly greet the guest
● Current full Victorian Drivers Licence
● Confidence - you'll be driving a 12 seater shuttle with/without a trailer
● Experienced - you'll possess customer service experience and reflect the Holiday Inn brand
● Strength - you'll be assisting guests with their luggage which may be heavy or bulky at times
● Presentation - professional personal presentation
● Full working rights to work in Australia
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform and laundry, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.