Hotel Manager / Director of Operations - Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Singapore, SG-01, Singapore
Job number: EMEAA21136
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether travelling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or a relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stay brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we've been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the job of travel to all, we'd love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Your day to day
- Oversees and directs all aspects of both the Rooms function and Food and Beverage function.
- Under rooms, operations include Front Office, Housekeeping, Laundry, Recreation and Health Club. Under Food and Beverage, operations include F&B Service, Banqueting and Kitchen operations.
- Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
- Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel, including but not limited to current and potential clients, owning company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Manages the functions of all hotel personnel through supervision of hotel department heads.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations including open communications with all employees.
- Co-ordinates functions and activities with General Manager, Regional Area and Corporate as appropriate.
- Assist in development and implementation of the strategic plan, marketing plan, budget and goals programs to ensure an on-going basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Ensure highest level of guest satisfaction by providing within corporate standards quality guest services and amenities.
- Assist in monitoring present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel industry and determines and ensures executive of competitive programs as directed.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement in the property and in business, social and governmental communities as appropriate.
- Develop recognition programs, advertising and promotional campaigns to obtain greatest market awareness and patronage.
- Keeps General Manager informed of any events, which may occur in his/her absence.
- Demonstrate awareness of Occupational, Health & Safety guidelines and ensure direct reports do the same.
- Any other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration, plus three years’ prior hotel management experience.
- Experience and knowledge in Food & Beverage and commercial.
- Possesses a high energy level and a passion for achieving results
- Strong leadership skills in managing teams to drive for results.
- Ability to manage in a competitive environment
- Ability to manage complex relationships
- A passion for delivering superior results.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to an attractive salary and benefits that commensurate with experience. What's more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts brand belongs to the IHG ® family of brands, you'll also benefit from all the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4,800 hotels in over 100 countries over the world.