Host/Greeter (Spire 73) - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: InterContinental - Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC)
Job number: USA19794
Do you see yourself as a Host/Greeter? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Welcome guests to restaurant, seat them, and accept payment when they are done.
- Receive payments and process transactions according to established policies and procedures; give correct change; balance cash drawer at close of shift; complete all opening/closing paperwork; document voids on void balance sheet
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner; seat guests ensuring a balanced workload among servers Maintain accurate waiting list as needed. Alert guests when table is available.
- May be asked to handle guest complaints and special requests
- May process take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practice up-selling techniques
- May routinely clear and reset tables and assist with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers
- May assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing and math skills and 6 months cash handling experience or food service experience.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (plates, utensils, menus, etc.)
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Using a keyboard
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit, quantities, and variances
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click “Apply” and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans