Host Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Hotel: InterContinental - Chicago Magnificent Mile (ORDHA)
Job number: R204919
THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue's architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago's incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse is a dynamic restaurant founded on excellence befitting the caliber of Michael Jordan himself. Excellence in food and service among the team members is the game plan for our guests. Cornerstone Restaurant Group is our business partner for Michael Jordan's Steakhouse and Michael Jordan's Bar to help execute our flawless, personalized service.
Your day to day
Under the general guidance of the General Manager of the Michael Jordan Steak House, responsible for providing efficient and courteous service to the Steakhouse and Bar guests.
- Reports directly to the Michael Jordan Steak House General Manager.
- Interacts and co-operates with Managers, Servers, Cooks, Bartenders, Storeroom, Stewards and Housekeeping, and MJSH Sales Manager as required.
- Interacts with guests as appropriate.
- Interacts with other departments as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote image of the restaurant by displaying impeccable manners, diplomacy and tact towards guests.
- Maintain constant flow of communication with and to the team.
- Greets guests upon arrival and direct and walks them to the Steakhouse, Bar, ENO, or Patio as required.
- Answers telephone and makes reservations.
- Attends to special guests requests.
- Communicates to his/her manager any difficulties, guest comment and other relevant information
- Communicates politely and display courtesy to guests.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled.
- Check to ensure that the Opentable System is running properly during and before service.
- Ensure that all menus are checked and clean and inform manager if more menus are needed.
- Help guests with the chair and lift operations
- Present an open menu to each guest and a clean wine list to every table.
- Wish the guest a pleasant meal.
- Offer a parting comment as the guest exit the Restaurant and/or bar.
- Performs duties noted on the daily tasks & cleaning schedule
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Preforms various administrative duties including liaison between MJSH Sales Manager and event inquiries.
- Printing; menus, door cards, and name cards as needed.
- Concierge drops and visits on regular basis.
- At IHG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthy workplace. It is your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including any department specific training regarding equipment and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the restaurant in all areas.
- Implements the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- House Rules and Regulation
- Health and Safety
- Hygiene and Cleanliness
What we need from you
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English in person and on the telephone
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have the ability to answer multiple telephone lines and maintain composure under pressure
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Must possess a friendly, upbeat & outgoing personality.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively multi-task job responsibilities and/or projects
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to be a clear thinker remains calm and resolves problems using Sound judgment.
- Ability to work an 8-hr shift in all types of conditions pertinent to the job.
- Ability to comprehend instructions
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability & willingness to perform job tasks according to established standards.
- Must be flexible and able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as a Host - Michael Jordan's Steakhouse? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.