Holiday Inn Express on Fort Lee, VA-Accounting Specialist
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: United States, Virginia, Fort Lee
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Fort Lee Lodging (ZYLEA)
Job number: R189024
Do you see yourself as an Accounting Specialist? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
We are IHG Army Hotels located on Fort Lee Army Base Virginia. We are the Largest Holiday Inn Express in the United States. We have 1000 rooms located at 2301 Mahone Ave and 138 rooms located at 9051 Mahone Ave. We cater to the Military, Military Families and Civilians as well…
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Your day to day
Perform a variety of routine accounting duties to ensure correct reporting of revenues and costs, the timely payment of invoices, and/or timely receipt of monies owed to the hotel. Duties performed are at entry-level in a training capacity, with supervision from higher-level accountants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Summarize and post data to journals, ledgers and other accounting records; total and balance accounts; reconcile bank accounts; check and verify records.
- Obtain approvals from department heads on invoices to be paid; make proper accounting entries in ledger; reconcile discrepancies with vendors; prepare transmittal of invoices for payment by CMH Accounting.
- Prepare and monitor monthly aging of accounts; prepare statements and collection letters for delinquent accounts; make phone calls to collect accounts excessively overdue.
- Approve and process direct billing requests; prepare all bills and mail invoice statements as outlined per Internal Audit Standard. Research and investigate all credit card disputes; make proper adjustments/charge backs as needed; balance and prepare all credit card transmittals. Ensure credit card reconciliations are prepared, balanced and discrepancies are resolved.
- Maintain files of all accounting-related and/or audit documentation; may assist with clerical duties such as typing or phone coverage.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of daily bank deposits; maintain the hotel's funds to ensure that funds are of adequate amount, kept safely and properly accounted for; provide all daily change requirements; issue banks to cashiers and conduct periodic audits of banks as needed. Report over/short discrepancies as per Internal Audit Standards.
- Responsible for maintenance of normal and routine controls to ensure reasonable protection of company assets.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include department heads throughout the hotel, for the purpose of providing or obtaining information regarding accounts.
- May assist in various storeroom areas to include receiving, storing and dispersing hotel goods to ensure that each department's supply needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- May perform additional accounting-related duties such as transferring a balanced edit each day, ensuring compliance with Internal Control Questionnaires. May maintain purchase order system integrity or monitor/track other financial control procedures or systems.
- May assist with other duties as needed or requested.
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
Must have at least 12 months experience working with Opera and QUORE software systems
High school diploma or equivalent and 1-year experience in an accounting clerical, front office, or reservations position or similar; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Ability to speak fluent English required.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the front office or other designated areas
- Communicating with other people
- Handling objects, supplies, boxes of merchandise, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching
- Reading abilities are utilized often when reading invoices and work materials.
- Mathematical skills are used frequently to perform calculations, reconcile account balances, etc.
- Frequent contact with guests and outside vendors is necessary to resolve billing issues or answer questions. Strong customer service skills are required.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
What we offer
Exceptional pay at $17.20 per hour
Personal time (Full Time Only)