Health Club/Gym Attendant at InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort & Spa (Pre-Opening)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Ras al Khaymah, Ra's al Khaymah
Hotel: InterContinental - Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa (RKTHA)
Job number: EMEAA25189
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa is scheduled to open Q4 2021 and we are now seeking a highly organized, critical thinking, creative, and result-driven Engineering Supervisor to join our dynamic team. The resort will comprise 351 keys, a health club, a spa, and two pools. Covering an area of 43,770 sqm, the resort is a short drive from famous archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and Sheba’s Palace. Set on a headland surrounded by protected coastal wetlands with lush landscaping fronting a sweeping beach on one side and a manmade waterway on the other, the guest rooms, suites, and chalets offer panoramic water views.
Your day to day
- Clean and service assigned health club/gym or areas according to established standards and procedures including dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing
- Handle and store chemicals in line with hotel regulations and any local legislative requirements
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimise waste within all areas of housekeeping
- Ensure security of health club/gym and privacy of guests
- Return and restock cart at end of shift
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and take action to ensure guest satisfaction
- Follow established safety procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty
What we need from you
In order to be considered for this role, ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in the same field required, prior luxury hospitality experience desired
- Knowledge on gym equipment procedures and standards
- Requires good English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Ability to carry or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and to push/pull medium to large weights/objects, frequently standing up and moving around the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.