Health Club, Gym & Spa Manager
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Hotel: voco™ - St.David’s Cardiff (CWLCD)
Job number: R190867
voco St David’s Cardiff is an award winning 5-star Hotel incorporating a Conference Centre, Health Club & Spa and an amazing Restaurant and Bar with views of Cardiff Bay.
We are looking for a Health Club, Gym & Spa Manager for a fantastic 5-star hotel, At voco® St David’s Cardiff we firmly believe in relaxation. It’s good for the soul. And the skin.
Start at the gym, an invigorating swim or a yoga class. Then walk through the water corridor to stand beneath swan-neck fountains. Relax on a bubbling water bed or sit in the hot tub, opt for a treatment, or a sauna, or the deep relaxation lounge. Drift and dream.
As a Health Club, Gym & Spa Manager you will be required to ensure the team maintain high standards and deliver treatments of the highest quality whilst maximising revenue and retail sales and retaining our regular client base.
The role will involve managing all aspects of the Spa and Leisure including finance, training, promotions and performance management to ensure the team consistently achieves their KPI's.
- Drive membership and sales through good communication, great point of sales and social media and a can-do attitude.
- Lead, coach, develop and manage the leisure team, creating a harmonious, fun, hard-working and customer focused environment.
- Take responsibility for health and safety, cleaning and maintenance for the club to ensure the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- Manage the fitness product offering including swimming, personal training when applicable and group exercise classes.
- Manage rotas, labour budgets and banking for the club.
- Manage membership and administration for the club.
- Deal with customer queries and ensure customers have a fantastic customer experience.
- Support the wider business as Duty Manager for the whole hotel.
What we offer
What’s in for you as a Health Club, Gym & Spa Manager (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- Competitive Salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience at a Spa manager or Leisure Club Manager. Pool plant/ Pool responder certification and massage qualifications would be preferred.
As an ambassador of our 5 star voco St Davids Cardiff, Hotel and Marine Spa you will need to have a professional & friendly approach, be able build a good rapport with our Spa team, leisure members and spa and hotel guests, and be passionate about the beauty and wellness industry.
We aim to provide our guest and employees with a positively memorable experience and are ideally looking for a stable and very customer oriented Health Club, Gym & Spa Manager to deliver the highest standards in our superb Marine Spa.
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.