Head of Events, Groups & Reservations
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Cardiff
Hotel: St. David's Cardiff (CWLCD), Havannah Street, CF10 5SD
Job number: 100451
voco® St David's Cardiff are looking for a commercially focused Head of Events, Groups & Reservations to lead their 5-star team to greatness!!
At voco® everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
Join us as the Head of Events, Groups & Reservations!!
As Head of Events, Groups & Reservations you will ensure agreed strategy is communicated and implemented in the department and have responsibility of the delivery of total revenue through leading the hotel commercial team.
Main responsibilities are:
- Leading the hotel commercial team and accountable for hotel commercial performance and identify any opportunity and risk in all revenue streams
- Driving business in total revenue approach, ensure agreed strategy is implemented across the commercial team and other departments in the hotel
- Attend and present in business review, RevGen meeting and other stakeholder meetings as required.
- Working with IHG Revenue PRM preparing budget and strategy
- Maintain IHG systems, assist in revenue generation through business processes such as system balancing, group wash.
- Ensure all team members are properly trained on systems and service standards. Develop talent pipeline and personal development plan across the function
- Ensure all relevant reporting are updated in regular basis and ensure SMART actions are agreed and follow up.
- Accountable for overall performance of team including guest experience, workforce planning (including rostering) and departmental profit delivery
- Owns with manager, performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ management experience within a Hotel Conference Sales environment (essential) and /or a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a hotel commercial office in a management role (desirable)
- Knowledge of Reservations and C&E tools and systems (CONCERTO, Opera, Delphi)
- Experiencing in forecasting and strategic planning
- Setting and implementing pricing and selling strategies
- Ability to manage a wider range of stakeholders
- Creates pride in team to deliver consistent guest experience
- Demonstrates relevant cross-functional experience and/or in depth knowledge of relevant functional topic
- Experience in leading teams effectively
- Proven track record of delivering results
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading):
We are part of the IHG Hotels & Resorts family, one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a portfolio of 17 brands worldwide - which means global opportunities! Our Head of Events, Groups & Reservations enjoys a massive range of benefits including:
- Salary of £38,000.00 - £42,000.00 – depending on experience
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- We provide every employee company sick pay and life insurance
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends - Amazing discounts for our hotels and restaurants around the world!!
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring - Discounts from over 15,000 stores!!
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Access to our fully funded Employee Healthcare Service 24-7 offering advice and support
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco® St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. Tir a Mor at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer. Spa @ St Davids, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike.
If you feel you have what it takes to be our Head of Events, Groups & Reservations, then please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.