Head Chef at InterContinental Dubai Marina Hotel
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai Marina (DXBPL)
Job number: EMEAA21086
What's your passion? Whether you're into travel, new cuisines or cooking, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Dubai Marina.
InterContinental Dubai Marina, one of the newest Five Star luxury properties in the center of one of Dubai's most vibrant and energetic neighbourhoods with 328 rooms, flexible event space, full service Spa, and five international restaurant and bars, is looking to recruit a Head Chef.
Your day to day
The Head Chef will be responsible for directing the food preparation, production, control and quality for all food production as well as overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations in the restaurant.
Your Job responsibilities includes the following but are not limited to it:
- Cooking amazing food that caters to the taste and requirements of our guests
- Ensuring consistency and highest level of food quality through A la carte and buffet offerings
- Confidently represent the kitchen and engage with guests to build rapport and ascertain satisfaction.
- Develop menus together with the team and discuss food purchase specifications and recipes.
- Supervises restaurant kitchen shift operations and make sure kitchen runs efficiently
- Maintain highest sanitation standards and compliance to regulations.
- You will ensure that outlet kitchens adhere to Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and all Standards.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to ensure proper delivery of food quality to the guests.
- Vendor evaluation to ensure the best quality products are sourced for the kitchen.
- Representing the kitchen in effective interactions with the guests.
- Coordinating with Restaurant Managers in maintaining a high quality operation in service and cleanliness.
- Coordinate with the Stewarding Manager in regards to the requirements for the Kitchens.
What we need from you
Ideally, to successfully fill this role, you should have proven track record in hospitality in area of expertise. Extensive knowledge of culinary operations and familiarity with current culinary trends.
Enhanced knowledge of International cuisines including confectionery and bakery. Ability to take a customer focused decision independently, whilst remaining cognizant of all management principles. Great organizational and problem solving skills with emphasis on “people management".
Ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct talents; and continuously suggest new concepts and improve existing processes that will benefit revenues, costs and guests’ and talents’ satisfaction.
What we offer
In return, we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online" now!
We are an equal opportunities employer.