Head Chef | Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Queenstown Remarkables Park (ZQNPK)
Job number: EMEAA21913
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
We are looking for a Head Chef to join our team now as we prepare for Queenstown's newest hotel opening when Holiday Inn Remarkables Park opens in Spring 2021. Look forward to a modern hotel with 182 guest rooms coupled with all day dining, a restaurant & bar, versatile conference space and an accessible location. With stunning views and only minutes away from Queenstown Airport & The Remarkables Ski Field, it is sure to be a favourite with visitors, families & holiday makers.
Your day to day
Join our pre opening team at Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park as Head Chef where you will direct all kitchen activities with a keen eye for detail and quality.
As the hotel is not opening until Spring 2021, this is a unique opportunity to get involved with assisting in choosing and implementing the concept for the F&B space.
You'll use your knowledge of seasonal produce with a kick of creativity to design menus that create memorable experiences for our guests. You will be the leader of the kitchen team so you will naturally inspire those around you to innovate and excel. Working within budgets, managing supplier relationships and food cost are all part of the day to day, along with managing rosters and recruitment activities.
What we need from you
To be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- Experience at head chef or sous level for at least 3 years with broad cuisine experience
- Trade cooking qualifications are essential
- Demonstrated hands on approach with passion for quality produce and presentation
- Proven experience leading, developing and motivating an energetic team
- Experience in menu design of modern and enticing menu offerings including creative banqueting options
- Knowledge of emerging hospitality trends
- Working within budget and actively managing food cost whilst minimising food waste
- Ensuring compliance with HACCP and related policies and procedures
- Valid New Zealand working rights
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to be involved and grow within IHG.