Location: United Kingdom, England, Dorking
Hotel: Wotton House Country Estate Hotel (GUIDW)
Job number: R186415
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel are looking for a Head Chef to join our growing team.
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel near Dorking, is an estate like no other. In what was once the former seat of the Evelyn family, this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. Here, a mix of original features and 21st-century style set the tone so that all events are memorable: a wedding day like no other, business meetings that become an unexpected pleasure, training that delights and inspires. Dining is relaxed whether it's a meal in the 1877 Restaurant, or a party for 200 with simple yet delicious food. Afternoon tea is served daily in The Morning Room, whilst upstairs; you'll find a collection of beautifully refurbished bedrooms and suites. 13 acres of grounds so our guests explore Italian gardens, Roman temples, manicured lawns and Surrey Hills beyond
Our Head Chefs are responsible for production, cleanliness, and safe systems of work within the hotel kitchens. You work collaboratively with our Executive Head Chef, Glen Woods to deliver a seamless guest experience, particularly where food is a critical component of the experience.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for all aspects of the smooth running of the kitchen operation within the hotel, from Banquets and Buffets for functions, the a la carte menu and the daily provision of staff food. You will have assist our Executive Head Chef in the recruitment, training and development of your teams and you will also be a pivotal role and accountable for engagement within your team.
Working as a Head Chef you will ensure all Chefs and Kitchen team members are trained and maintaining IHG standards, you will manage the day today team with the support of the Executive Head Chef, you will work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
So what’s in for you:
As we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, we can offer you a market leading package
- up to £40,000 per annum
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focusing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests.
To succeed as our Head Chef, you will need:
- A broad Experience within a similar role, as a Head Chef or Senior Executive Sous Chef for 3 or more years within a global hotel brand or restaurant of the same classification / cuisine (as minimum) with comparable size and complexity
- be experienced in all hotel food avenues including, breakfast, Afternoon Teas, Al a carte restaurant menus and Conference & Banqueting for weddings/private dining/conferences
- Experience in delivering high volume of Weddings & Large conferences (Over 100 Weddings per Year) and Private dining for up to 180 guests
- Great attention to detail in managing portion size and plating requirements for all banquet functions
Do you have what it takes to be our ‘Head Chef’ We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.