Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, England, Oxford
Hotel: voco™ - Oxford Spires (OXFAR)
Job number: R192621
We have an exciting opportunity to work in a very busy HR department Lead by Lindsey Wakeley she’s looking for a HR Administrator to join his team initially on a 3 month placement starting ASAP.
Lindsey is the Regional Cluster HR Business Partner, and is looking for someone who ideally has pervious HR Experience but more so have excellent administration skills to join her team and assist in the delivery of a generalist HR support service to staff and managers across voco, Reading, Oxford Spires, Oxford Thames, St David’s Cardiff, and Wotton House Country Estate Hotel. Based at the voco Oxford Spires you will become an essential member of the family, some travel will be required between properties.
As our HR Administrator you will provide and develop all necessary administration which includes, on-boarding, running reports, dealing with general HR queries to enable the HR function to successfully deliver a range of services to our teams, and lead on employee HR Records project moving to paperless. We are looking for someone who can work 5 days a week and work a 35 Hour Week, some weekends may be required, so flexibility is a must.
- Assist in preparing training plans and necessary onboarding documentation for new starters
- Arranging compliance training in line with legal requirements for new starters and current employees
- Responsible for maintaining all HR records (absence, ER records, employment changes)
- Employee benefits administration and maintenance
- Work with the HOD’s to manage the training calendar and track employee training
- First point of contact for administrative and straightforward HR queries
What we offer
What’s in for you as a HR Administrator (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- £25,000 per annum,(Pro Rated) that’s £13.73 per hour.
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
To succeed in our HR team, you will need
- Previous experience in an Administration role, Preferably a HR hospitality business (preferential)
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to use your initiative with minimal supervision
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Competent user of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HR System’s would be great, but not essential.
- Integrity, confidentiality, and discretion
- Willingness to learn
This role would suit an individual who has a passion for working with people. As we continue to grow the business there will be opportunities to grow and develop your career within the HR Function
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK