HOUSEKEEPING HOUSEPERSON FULL TIME - EVEN HOTEL NORWALK CONNECTICUT
Location: United States, Connecticut, Norwalk
Hotel: EVEN - Norwalk (ORQEV)
Job number: R187587
EVEN Norwalk Hotel
This four-story property settled in Norwalk, CT offers 129 guest rooms with unique features that are refreshing to our guests. EVEN™ Hotel Norwalk is located near city attractions like Norwalk Islands, the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk and Connecticut state parks.
About EVEN Hotels
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure you won’t have to compromise your wellness routine. As a member of the newest brand from IHG® and one of the first EVEN ™ Hotels in the world, our facility is designed to help our guests maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling.
Keep active with in-room fitness zones for private workouts and eat well when you choose from our selection of healthy food and beverage options, including made to order smoothies and Grab ‘n’ Go meals. Accomplish more with free Wi-Fi and mobile furnishings that give you the flexibility you need to be your most productive-self. You’ll rest easy with spa-inspired showers, signature EO bath products and all-natural eucalyptus linens. Start and end your day at EVEN ™ as we provide you with the essentials for your healthy lifestyle.
By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our goal of creating great hotels guests love.
This will be an excellent opportunity for an outstanding individual who share our passion for taking care of our guests. This professionally trained individual must be dedicated to providing customers with prompt enthusiastic service.
Your day to day
The Rest Easy Assistant will work with the Rest Easy Attendant (Room Attendant) on assigned floors. You will assist the Rest Easy Attendant with heavy items such as mattresses and linens, removing dirty linens, transporting them to the laundry area, handling washing, folding and delivering fresh linens and other supplies to room attendant carts throughout the day. This important role also assists with the cleaning of public areas in addition to delivering and retrieving items for guests as requested
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Rest Easy Attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and linens
- Delivers linens and other supplies to Rest Easy Attendants
- Removes all dirty linen from assigned Rest Easy Attendants’ carts and closets and transports to laundry
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of floor, closets and water and ice stations
- Removes trash, wipes down shelves/counters, sweeps and waxes floor, removes non-floor closet items and stores them in appropriate areas
- Cleans other designated areas such as public restrooms, fixtures, storage areas, and other public areas for assigned floors
- Monitors and controls supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments to provide and receive insight about guest needs, requests, and complaints
- Responds promptly and efficiently to guests’ requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies (e.g. linens, cots, etc.)
- Responds to guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken promptly to achieve complete guest satisfaction Shares own wellness journey with colleagues and guests
- Remains current on brand, wellness, nutrition and industry information required to deliver the EVEN Hotels programs and services
- Maintains Green Engage initiatives in assigned work area such as newspaper and other items for recycling
- Assists with deep cleaning projects
- Reports to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions promptly
What we need from you
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Housekeeping experience
- Ability to speak English
- Flexible work schedule
- Demonstrated recent and regular participation in wellness, nutrition, sports, fitness or similar activities a plus
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and colleagues
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reading assignments and completing checklists and guest messaging
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and or pulling items up to 300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide and are available as well as access to wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Mostly importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself
So What’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans