Guest Services Manager (Full-Time)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Glasgow
Hotel: Principal Glasgow Grand Central (GLAGS), 99 Gordon Street, G1 3SF
Job number: 100095
voco Grand Central are looking for a Guest Services Manager to join our growing onsite Front Office Management team.
Salary up to £27,000 per annum – (40 hour, per week contract) plus all overtime paid!
Working shift patterns will be 12 hours per day between the hours of 09:00am - 21:00pm, working 4 on 4 Off shift pattern.
(This is not set, and you do need to cover night shifts where required)
Are you ready to bring your exceptional people skills and expertise to a crucial role in a world-leading lifestyle Glasgow City Centre hotel?
- Your role as our Guest Services Manager you will assist our Front Office Manager in successfully administering and executing all front office operations daily. You will be responsible for the efficient daily running of shift and the teams on that day.
- You will showcase excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. You will be ready to lead the department if and when required. You will be responsible for proactive lobby management as well as a consistent, passionate approach to exceptional customer service. You will be expected to have knowledge of statutory regulations ensuring the business is always operated within the law. You will a natural problem-solver, looking for solutions to deal with unpredictable problems that may arise!
YOUR CORE PURPOSE WILL BE:
- Support: the running of our day to day Front Office, leading and inspiring our receptionists to create a memorable, effortless voco experience for our guests – from when they arrive, over the course of their stay and until they get their bill and head off again
- Lead teams by example, keeping them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions.
- Contribute to our success as a business, by making sure the correct rates are being used, managing overbooking levels and working with the team to make sure we have a full and happy house. Drive loyalty recognition for all IHG reward member.
- Be aware of VIP guests arriving, in-house, and departing including communication of any known movements
- Team Work: Making sure everything is running smoothly and looking sharp, working with the team to find solutions to any hick ups
So, what are we looking for I hear you ask? Well, if you are an established Front Office Supervisor/ Assistant Manager, or a Guest Services Manager looking for a new challenge, this may be for you. If you have worked using OPERA and have IHG Experience either Managed or Franchise this would be a huge benefit we are looking for a Guest Services Manager who has bags of energy and of course, have great leadership skills, this may be the role for you.
Ultimately, your insight, commitment and pride in your work will make you an integral part of the voco Glasgow family.
Join us as a Guest Services Manager (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £27,000.00 per annum basic pay, Plus All Overtime Paid
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated) (Increases annually)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Relive the golden age of travel at voco® Grand Central - Glasgow, an enduring monument to Victorian glamour in an unbeatable central location, attached to Glasgow Central Station, a city landmark since the 19th-century heyday of the railways.
High ceilings, chandeliers and wood panelling embody the elegance that makes our hotel special. Our magnificent, marble-clad Champagne Central bar open all day for sharing menus and afternoon tea, while Tempus Restaurant offers the best of Scottish cuisine. The Grand Ballroom is a charming spot for memorable celebrations, and 10 flexible meeting rooms take care of your business events.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Guest Service Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.