Guest Services Agent - Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Singapore Katong (SINKA), 88 East Coast Road, 423371
Job number: 104768
Are you ready to make the SMART career choice? Holiday Inn Express is the smart choice for savvy business and leisure travelers, offering a relaxed, affordable and hassle-free stay every time. Located at the heart of key business and leisure districts, every Holiday Inn Express is just steps away from dining and entertainment options. As a Team Member at Holiday Inn Express, you will experience a variety of roles in your daily job and will be empowered to make a difference. You will be part of a multi-skilled, multi-talented, collaborative and action-oriented team to deliver the SMART experience, providing everything our guests need and nothing they don’t.
Join us as a Guest Services Agent in Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. We’re looking for someone who can:
- To assist the Guest Services Leader (GSL) in the hotel's revenue growth by leveraging on the company's systems, procedures and business processes.
- Handling Guest check out and billing in an efficient, friendly and hassle free manner.
- Promote the Holiday Inn Express ‘one team approach’ and reliable service through daily communication and coordination with all team members.
- Participate in programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with the ‘Holiday Inn Stay Real Be You’ brand service behaviors.
- Ensure own productivity and that of the team on a day-to-day basis by planning and assigning work and establishing performance and development goals as set by the GSL.
- Contribute by participation in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations.
- Respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action to resolve their issues / concerns.
- Check Guests In – Efficiently Greet, register and confirm guest particulars and payment details upon check in. Issue keys.
- Check Guests Out - Print and confirm details of payment and bill for guests upon check out
- Answer any guests' enquires practically and simply in adherence to brand standards.
- Handle guests' complaints appropriately adhering to brand standards or direct them to GSL’s.
- Handle cashiering, payment and foreign currency exchange accurately.
- Reliably handle all special needs and requests of guests and repeat visitors.
- Demonstrate BrandHearted behaviours by maintaining compliance with all brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
- Retrieve and print Arrival/Departure Report, Backup Report and Trace Report from Opera PMS for daily room allocation.
- Accurately Enter/Update Reservations.
- Handle Telephone Enquires efficiently and effectively.
- Perform in a self-sufficient way in line with business requirements.
- Great Room - Process Guest Food and Beverage Order, Clear Tables (The Great Room).
- Refresh Food and Beverage in The Great Room.
- Meeting Room - Set up Meeting Room, Make Tea and Coffee, Clean Meeting Room.
- Clean and Organize Guest Areas and Pick up debris throughout Public Areas.
- Updating constantly on local knowledge to improve the guest experience.
- Responsible for Priority Club Rewards (PCR) Enrolment & Recognition.
- Finance/Admin (Petty Cash Processing, Purchasing, Billing).
- Demonstrate Awareness of Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities (OH&S) policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Support the hotel’s corporate responsibility initiatives in the areas of community involvement, environment management, workplace health & safety and food safety, drive action plans as required to achieve hotel corporate responsibility objectives.
- Perform Energy Conservation Checklists.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum high school/secondary education/college degree.
- Positive attitude, pleasant personality, good communication skills, hotel operations and/or service experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English and basic computer literacy.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including
- Duty Meals
- Birthday Off
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Insurance Coverage
- 25-50% F&B Discount at restaurants within IHG Singapore Hotels
- Special Employee Rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
- Room to Grow Opportunities
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Holiday Inn Express brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn Express and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.