Guest Service Agent - Crowne Plaza Hobart
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, Tasmania, Hobart
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Hobart (HBAHO)
Job number: EMEAA20053
IHG has opened its newly built full-service upscale hotel - Crowne Plaza Hobart. The hotel is managed by Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and owned by Tasmanian locals.
The 235 room hotel offers a gymnasium, 9 versatile meeting rooms, and 2 restaurants and bars.
Your day to day
As Guest Service Agent you will be trained & engaged predominantly but not exclusively in front office. This opens up a world of possibilities as you develop your mastery across the hotel including reception, concierge services and making reservations.
You will be on a rotating roster to ensure you continue to build on knowledge & skills in all areas and meet the needs of our guests and business. We’re all part of one team, so pulling together to support all departments (including housekeeping, food & beverage maintenance and our functional areas when needed) is a natural part of this role.
What we need from you
- Previous experience in a Hotel Front Office related position using Opera is highly regarded
- A current Drivers Licence is required - and the ability to drive manual and automatic cars confidently
- Qualifications in Hotel/Hospitality Management preferred
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- A team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise your own workload as well as jump in and help your colleagues as needed
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day with bending and kneeling. Sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull objects like luggage, barrels and crates up to 23 kg – we have the equipment to support you
- Presentation is key – wear your uniform with pride
What we offer
Joining the IHG family means you benefit from a world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, and you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we'll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.