Guest Service Agent (Full-time and Part-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA33270
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We are delighted to be at the final stage of our exquisite $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment, set to transform all guest rooms, suites and public spaces; introduce new restaurants and bars; and restore the heritage features of our landmark building.
Join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel as Guest Service Agent.
Your day to day
As part of our talented Front Office team, no two days are ever the same.
You are the warm and friendly face our guests see when checking in, have an enquiry or require assistance. Guests will come and see you at reception or call you from their hotel room - you are the main point of contact for guests so this is a very much a guest facing role with a high emphasis on face to face guest relations. You will also assist guests with enquiries on the phone as well as the usual aspects of working within a Front Office role.
This is a busy and varied role with connection to all departments across the Hotel. Your immaculate presentation, attention the detail, excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with guests will be the key to success in this role.
What we need from you
- Passion for delivering warm and welcoming customer service & memorable guest experiences
- Amazing communication skills both on the phone & in person - you are a people’s person and this shines through
- Excellent attention to detail & commitment to high standards - we are a Luxury hotel experience
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
- Previous experience in a front office or guest relations role is essential
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- Must have full Australian working rights
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- A fun, supportive, high performing team, offering plenty of mentoring & coaching opportunities to develop your career
- Free meal on shift
- Paid birthday leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.