Guest Service Agent
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth
Hotel: Perth City Centre (PURHS), 778 - 788 Hay Street, 6000
Job number: 116764
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a Guest Service Agent who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
Whether our guests are traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week, we thrive on making our guests stays brighter and helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty...so, if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn family.
The moment a guest steps into our hotel, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Guest Service Agent, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a seamless experience... you’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Kicking off truly memorable guest experiences with the warmest of welcomes.
- Acknowledging IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests in person or over the phone.
- Taking, managing, and receiving payments for guest bookings.
- Making the check-in and check-out process feel swift and seamless.
- Staying one step of our guests’ needs to anticipate requests and offer tailored recommendations.
- Being our guests’ trusted contact – helping with everything from bill issues to restaurant recommendations.
What we need from you:
- Previous experience in a Front Office position or with Opera (PMS) is highly regarded.
- Communication skills - guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories.
- Availability to work a rotating roster, including shifts on weekends and Public Holidays. Availability to work evenings (3pm - 11pm) is required.
- Fluency in the local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential.
- Literate and tech-savvy - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computer skills.
Applicants must have unrestricted Australian working rights & a full Australian Drivers Licence to assist with valet parking requests.
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including free duty meals, a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.