Guest Experience Manager
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: New Zealand, Wellington
Hotel: Wellington (WLGGS), 2 Grey Street, 6011
Job number: 119621
InterContinental Wellington is looking for a Guest Experience Manager to join our fantastic Front Office Team.
- Genuine opportunity to grow and take your next steps with a global company
- Free duty meals & paid birthday leave!
- Access to discounts at IHG hotels all around the world
- $60-$62,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
Who We Are
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Your day to day
For this vital role, we're looking for someone to be involved in leading the hotel team to deliver exceptional guest service and hotel operations to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel.
In addition, you'll respond to guest needs and resolve any issues that may arise; supervise, direct and support all Front Office colleagues and other areas of the hotel during peak periods or as required. You will also be fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures.
What we need from you
- A vibrant personality and the confidence to build relationships with guests and colleagues
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a hotel front office department with a minimum 1 year experience in a leadership/ supervisory role
- Ability to train and relay information to the team
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to multi task
- Previous experience using Opera or similar PMS, Micros and Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to work a range of hours, which includes but is not limited to afternoons, evenings & public holidays
- Diploma in hotel management, business administration or equivalent
- Full drivers licence is highly regarded
- General Managers Certificate is preferable
This role is ideal for an established competent and passionate junior manager and also for an experienced and competent supervisor looking to build their capability and skills within a fast paced, dynamic, learning and development focused hotel environment.
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including:
- paid birthday leave
- full training provided
- daily laundered uniform
- additional parental leave benefits
- flexible work options
- proactive health days
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.