Groups and Meetings Manager
Location: United Kingdom, Buckinghamshire, Denham
Job number: R194948
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Sales Function here at IHG!
The role contains various elements including managing a designated account portfolio in alignment with Key Account Manager / Director within an industry grouping. You will also be responsible to target and develop key relationships to maximise groups and meetings revenue growth.
- Target and develop Groups and Meetings direct client relationships and networks within the developed assigned accounts
- Drive system delivery and undertake client negotiations in line with Europe Sales strategy
- Support the Key Account Director/Manager to assess and develop Groups and Meetings strategies as necessary to increase conversion and revenue
- Contribute to the European customer account plans in the defined portfolio to deliver both incremental and quality Groups and Meetings revenue
- Identify cross-occasion/industry opportunities and resourcing Groups and Meeting and fulfillment as appropriate
- Demonstrate the 2X behaviours to sellers and other stakeholders within the organization, demonstrating internally and externally that they are a trusted advisor capable of providing expert solutions and insight of industry and market trends
- Support strategic and tactical promotions and initiatives to maximise revenue in need periods, working closely with key need and new properties to identify touch points within account portfolio
- Demonstrate internally and externally that they are a trusted advisor providing expert solutions and insight of Industry and market trends
- Support and participate in internal and external events to maximise resource and drive broader and deeper relationships
- Work across a wide variety of cultures and markets, tailoring approach and behaviour to understand key differentiators and leverage best practices accordingly
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders across the business to be in a positon to provide long-term Groups and Meetings solutions
- Comply with IHG’s systems, tools and processes.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable Groups and Meetings experience in sales / account management role
- Demonstrable experience in identifying new commercial opportunities and develop and evaluate a business plan, basing decisions upon sound data and insight, linked to the long-term strategy of the organization
- Demonstrable experience of managing and executing business plans against markets, occasions, industries, hotels or customers
- Demonstrable experience of applying the challenger sales framework to the customer by utilising the Challenger Sales framework
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating the needs of IHG and the needs of the customer. Includes the ability to define, manage and execute mutually beneficial contracts
- Ability to make effective commercial decisions based on an understanding and analysis of key commercial information and commercial levers
- Demonstrable experience in initiating, developing and managing mutually beneficial relationships with customers, hotel owners & on-property sales teams
- Demonstrable experience of operating in and leading culturally diverse teams across the relevant markets
- Proactive sales experience with a proven track record of identifying and delivering on new commercial opportunities, using key data points and analytics to make effective commercial decisions
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great hybrid working environment, we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
Whilst this role will initially be based in our Denham head office location, by Summer of 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.