Group Reservations Executive
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Kingdom, London
Hotel: London Park Lane (LONHB), One Hamilton Place, Park Lane, W1J 7QY
Job number: 122949
At InterContinental London Park Lane, we are currently looking for a Groups Reservations Executive to join our team
Reporting to the Groups Reservations Manager you will be expected to pro-actively manage all group bookings, including Government Delegations, Leisure, and Corporate groups, ensuring all groups’ related tasks are completed (rooming lists, client communication, billing instructions among others) and group information is communicated to the relevant hotel departments. You will be the main point of contact during the group stay. Ensuring that all SaferPay requests are actioned in a timely manner. You will need to respond to individual reservations enquiries in a timely and efficient manner, in line with the hotel’s policies and rate structure, and according to all standards. You are an ambassador of The Company, and it is your role to live and help further establish the values of the InterContinental Brand by reflecting the image of The Company and to perform in accordance with The Company standards. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect. You need to stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done and you must make it memorable by being g knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Given the nature of this role it’s important that you have previous Reservations / Group Reservations / Front Office experience gained within a Four or Five Star Hotel Experience (not necessarily in reservations) You must pride yourself on your high levels of attention to detail and delivering our brand standards.
We are committed to offer and provide our Groups Reservations Executive with a competitive salary and a large range of benefits:
• £30,000 annual plus service charge, paid overtime and great IHG perks!
• 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
• We provide every employee company sick pay and life insurance
• Subsidised childcare support
• Amazing discounts for our hotels and restaurants around the world
• Discounts from over 15,000 stores – all the way from retail to cinema
• Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
To thrive in this role, the key skills & experience you’ll need are:
- Previous reservations experience in a 4 or 5 star Hotel
- A good understanding of Opera and how to perform changes as required.
- Strong administrator and communicator.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outgoing disposition
- Passionate about providing excellent client experiences and engaging with clients
- Confident in proactively problem solving and enhancing hotel guest journey.
- Loves working in a fast-paced and motivated team...and wants the next exciting step in their career!
At InterContinental London Park Lane, we strive to make international travel more alluring by offering a ‘Slice of the InterContinental Life’:
- We maintain service of the highest standards, intertwined with local cultural wisdom and international know-how
As such, we take our colleagues on a personal and professional development journey to ensure they have the confidence to deliver the best service. We offer a range of self-development resources including personal access to the Headspace app, Mental Health First Aider training sessions all the way to financial wellbeing support. We also offer professional and career development with our IHG Leadership programmes and our partnership with Harvard Mentor.
- We’re charismatic, sophisticated, and cosmopolitan…
We deliver a luxury environment to our colleagues by offering wellbeing activities on a monthly basis. We organise monthly social events and take pride in fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone can thrive and have a place to belong.
- Did you know we’re the largest luxury hotel brand?
We offer a large range of benefits to support the financial wellbeing of our colleagues; from discounts on retail and various activities over 15,000 stores; our recognition scheme where we provide monetary bonuses and praises for outstanding work; subsidised taxi journey for shifts starting or finishing between 00:00 and 05:00am to worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all colleagues, their friends and family too!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.