Group Reservations Coordinator
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, San Diego
Hotel: San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter (SANIS), 509 9th Avenue, 92101
Job number: 116122
- Stay abreast of current rates, rate changes and all promotions, current facilities, services, hours of operation, etc.
- Prepare for each group’s arrival, prepare group history, billing information, deposits, filing, VIP information, correspondence, etc.; interact with booking contacts as needed. Correctly record group rooms and revenue in the property management system.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Respond to guest concerns or complaints. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Process all group reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax, e-mail, mail, internally and through travel planners/corporations. Enter and/or modify group block in system to ensure inventory, stay dates, cancellation policy, deposit requirement, and booking procedure are reflected correctly.
- Maintain accurate filing system for groups and ensure that each group block is traced.
- Create and update group block notes to provide relevant data pertaining to all group reservations, and coordinate with other departments as needed to provide group reservation information and group needs as specified in contract.
- Provide and maintain reports and records of all groups during stay and after departure, and follow up on any group inquiries.
- Attend pre-meeting planning meetings or conferences as needed or requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as running daily reports, e.g. the cancellations, bookings, or arrivals reports.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience as a reservationist, front desk agent, or relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Speak and listening usually while sitting
- Use a keyboard to type in reservation information
- Communications skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reviewing and processing guest reservations or daily reports.
- Basic mathematical abilities are used some of the time.
- Computer skills are required.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The hourly pay for this role is $19.00-$21.00. This is only applicable for jobs to be performed in San Diego, CA. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.