Gouvernant-e d'étages / Floor supervisor
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Switzerland, Geneva, Geneva
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Geneva (GVACP)
Job number: EMEAA26211
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Crowne Plaza Geneva is always looking for people who consistently excel in their role and are committed to providing an exceptional stay to its guests: people who create a trusting relationship, encourage success and make a difference.
Your day to day
Join us as our new Gouvernant-e d’étages / Floor Supervisor:
For this key role, under the supervision of the Executive Housekeeper, the main duties will be:
- Perform department opening duties and prepare daily room assignments
- Assist with scheduling and control daily attendance to ensure proper coverage
- Conduct daily team meetings, attend other meetings as necessary
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties
- Inspect all assigned areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action.
- Inspect storage rooms for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Prepare supply inventories and ensure appropriate par levels
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including makings beds and vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
With a hospitality education, you have a minimum of two years of housekeeping experience, including some supervisory training/experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity (more than 250 rooms).
You are fluent in English and French. Mastering a third foreign language of one of our target markets (Germany, China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Spain, Russia) is highly desirable. You have an experience with Opera.
Thanks to an excellent relationship and team spirit, you are acknowledged for the quality and the personalization of your service. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are autonomous, well-organized and flexible. You aim to share your passion and knowledge with your guests and your colleague and are willing to help when needed.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens and EU passport holders.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us, all applications are welcome.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.