Global Contact Center Workforce Analyst
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Utah, Salt Lake City
Hotel: CRO Salt Lake (SLCRO)
Job number: R194006
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Purpose of the Role -
Support and assess workforce activities at a Reservations Center including forecasting, scheduling, and measurement of real-time daily traffic activities and post-day analysis. Provide recommendations for scheduling, trafficking and related technical support for Reservation Center operations and planning.
Key Accountabilities –
- Develop staffing requirements based on forecasts and anticipated trends and create quarterly, monthly, or bi-weekly schedules for all major centers and departments in Reservations worldwide, and monitor, track, and develop daily and interval level forecast requirements for all major centers and departments worldwide.
- Determine and approve all required scheduling adjustments, allocate adjustments to best available center or department, communicate the adjustments to the centers / departments based on staffing needs.
- Perform schedule maintenance processes and procedures in connection with each center support staff to ensure agent supply is sufficient and strategically positioned to support the contact volume demand.
- Route inbound traffic real-time to major reservation centers worldwide to balance staffing levels, meet service level and operational targets, and meet variable payroll budgets. Allocate, and overflow call volume to the appropriately skilled agents to maximize revenue to the company and service level to the guests.
- Make real-time staffing/scheduling decisions – Determining when and what real-time adjustments and exceptions need to be made and what schedule requests can be approved. Track and report routing changes and staffing decisions.
- Provide basic ACD administrative functions such as agent skills, reviewing VDN assignments, and adjusting call flow parameters.
- Serve as the global contact center for the Reservations division and providing triage, escalation, and communication support for all outages and emergencies.
- 24 X 7 support is provided to the Reservation Center by the incumbents in this job, and the position may provide on-call support
Key Interfaces –
Internal Key Relationships
- Frequent verbal communication with agents, supervisors, peers, and department management.
- Local operational workforce teams
- Global technology
- Human Resources
- Site directors and local operations & training managers
External Key Relationships
- Partner reservation offices, including operations, local WFM teams, training.
What we need from you
- Associates degree in a business related field or equivalent experience in planning, forecasting, scheduling, and data analysis
- 1 - 2 years business experience with at least 1 year working in call center operations
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Strong knowledge and understanding of call center operations, terminology, definitions, call center calculations, and common practices.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on MS Excel and MS Access.
- Detail oriented and extremely accurate with work.
- Basic analysis skills and experience with problem solving – Ability to identify a problem, analyze the issues, and be able to make a sound business decision.
- Basic understanding of telecommunications to include routing plans, announcements, whispers, prompts, terminology, definitions, and ACD reporting.
- Strong communication skills with agents, supervisors, peers and management.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Experience working with workforce management software – Genesys experience preferred
- Make real-time staffing and related technical support decisions – Determining when and
- what real-time adjustments and exceptions need to be made and what schedule requests
- can be approved to optimize staffing levels, meet service level and operational targets, and
- meet variable payroll budgets.
- Determine how, where, and when to allocate inbound calls to the various centers worldwide
- for effective and efficient staffing.
- Approve real-time schedule adjustments and exceptions for all major reservation centers.
- Determine schedule types, duration, and frequency of schedules for all agents
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.