General Manager, InterContinental Red Sea Resort, KSA
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Hotel: The Red Sea Resort (RUHSI), Plot number HC2 on Shaura Island, Red Sea Project, XXX
Job number: 109660
LEAD A NEW ERA
We are looking for an established luxury General Manager with significant island/ resort experience for our stunning, soon-to-open InterContinental Hotel, Red Sea Development, KSA.
The Red Sea Development is the world's most ambitious and exciting tourism and hospitality project: a luxury destination created around one of the world's last hidden natural treasures, it is one of the projects backed by the KSA Public Investment Fund. The destination, which is being developed by Red Sea Global, sits over 28,000 km² of pristine lands and waters and includes a vast archipelago of more than 90 islands and will set new standards in regenerative tourism and sustainable development, creating unique travel experiences and unforgettable memories. The Red Sea coastline is the longest untouched coral reef in the world.
With sustainability at its core, supporting infrastructure emphasises renewable energy and water conservation and re-use. This will be a net zero carbon resort and the GM’s passion for the environment and sustainability is a must.
The destination also features mountain canyons, dormant volcanoes, and ancient culture and heritage sites as well as its own airport and roads between the islands and to the mainland of Saudi Arabia.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for an experienced luxury resort GM who is genuinely passionate about the environment and sustainability to help create a whole new adventure!
As General Manager of the InterContinental, Red Sea Resort, you will manage the day to day leadership and direction of the hotel, maximising on sales and revenue and driving financial returns for this new luxury property. You’ll take ownership of the development of your team of colleagues, execute on brand standards and build awareness of the hotel and brand within the local area.
- Develop programmes and initiatives to increase team engagement that are aligned with the hotel’s service philosophy.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength.
- Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Oversee HR related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Speak to guests – ask for feedback and build relationships.
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand and service standards.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals.
- Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programmes that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets.
- Analyse financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment.
- Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximise market share.
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owners to maintain or improve property’s market leadership position.
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally-conscious with sustainability at the forefront.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, colleagues and hotel assets.
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community.
- Drive team member involvement in community organisations, activities and businesses.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration preferred.
- Substantial prior luxury resort hotel GM experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak fluent English with other languages preferred.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.