General Manager - InterContinental Tahiti
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: French Polynesia, Faa'a
Hotel: Resort Tahiti (PPTPF), PO Box 6014, 98702
Job number: 122692
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of 18 brands. We are one of the world’s leading hotel and resort companies. Our purpose – True Hospitality for Good – comes to life in every one of our collections. With luxury and lifestyle, we are taking it to new heights.
Five visionary brands make up our luxury collection. These are Intercontinental, Regent Hotels, Six Senses, Vignette Collection and Kimpton Hotels. Individually, they are icons. Together, they bring unforgettable and unparalleled experiences to travellers in over 430 hotels and resorts in 100 countries around the world.
Having recently added a host of incredible properties to our portfolio, we now stand as one of the world’s leading luxury operators. Our growth and ambitions have given us an incredible opportunity. We are ready to redefine what luxury means, not just for our guests for but for our entire industry too.
InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
With five archipelagos spanning the width of Europe, each home to a distinctive culture and history, French Polynesia is known for its rich and diverse folklore and dramatic volcanic peaks. An aquamarine lagoon backdropping expansive lush gardens, InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa is your gateway to the archipelago of French Polynesia.
On the vibrant main island of Tahiti, two kilometres from the airport, the Resort boasts 246 exotic overwater bungalows and tropical accommodations that are a sublime jumping-off point for must-see cultural events and enviable panoramas. With 5 dining establishments, conference and banqueting facilities, the Deep Nature Spa Tahiti offers profound relaxation for body and mind in a 300-square meter oasis at the heart of the Resort.
We are looking for an established Luxury General Manager with experience in medium to large resort and remote locations. You will have excellent communication skills, hands-on operational experience, and the ability to build and lead exceptional teams.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
- Leading all aspects of operational activities of the hotel.
- Developing creative ideas to drive local and international visitors to the Resort
- Recruiting, leading, managing and motivating a strong team, upskilling, recruiting, measuring and managing performance.
- Prioritising relationships with guests and external contacts such as current and potential clients, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers and local communities.
What we’d like from you:
- Proven track record of success as a Luxury General Manager in a remote resort
- Excellent communicator in French and English language
- Experience with French unions
- Strong people leader with high EQ to build successful teams
- Experience in managing all market segments of MICE and FIT
- Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage
- International experience in similar properties and locations
- You will be a French citizen
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.