Full Time Rep Maintenance (190210)- Holiday Inn Express Ft Hood
Hotel Brand: IHG Army Hotels
Location: United States, Texas, Ft. Hood
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Holiday Inn Express on Ft Hood (MFHDC)
Job number: R185277
Do you see yourself as a Maintenance Utility? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
We are IHG Army Hotels- Holiday Inn Express located on Fort Hood, TX. We cater to the Military, Military Families and Civilians as well..
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Your day to day
Performs simple maintenance and cleaning duties in guest rooms, public areas and grounds of the hotel that do not require practical skill or knowledge of a trade.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Maintenance Utility will complete minor work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. and ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day's work.
- He/She will refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters and paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
- They will maintain the front entrance area, parking lot and/or garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner and maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs and lighting).
- You will follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste and may assist
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
You must be able to pass a Federal Background Check via the Military Installation to access the base. Have a valid Driver’s License.
- Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills and 1 or more year(s) of general building maintenance and repair experience.
- Completion of high school diploma or related vocational training is preferred.
- You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds.
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, and frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
Work Area: Hotel buildings and grounds
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
- Vacation pay
- Healthcare Benefits