Front Office Manager | Holiday Inn Express Kathmandu Naxal
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Nepal, Kathmandu
Hotel: Kathmandu Naxal (KTMNA), Naxal, 44600
Job number: 115659
The Holiday Inn Express Kathmandu Naxal (An IHG Hotel) will be an exceptional addition to Nepal's hospitality landscape. Situated in the heart of Kathmandu, adjacent to the Nepal Police Headquarters, the hotel's strategic location near the city center, embassies, and key attractions offers guests unrivaled convenience. With Nepal's stunning mountain landscapes attracting adventurers and its rich Hindu and Buddhist heritage drawing culture enthusiasts, Kathmandu has emerged as a coveted travel destination. The hotel features top-notch facilities including full-service F&B outlets like The Great Room and a Roof Top Restaurant, along with versatile event spaces and a fitness center. Boasting 110 rooms, this establishment promises an unforgettable stay in the vibrant capital of Nepal.
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Express® family.
What is the job?
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Front Office Manager you’ll deliver this through managing all aspects of the front office (for example guest registration, porter services, business centre, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations). You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location
Your day to day
- Manage day-to-day staffing needs, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member performance
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- Ensure your team are properly trained on systems, security, service and quality standards
- Ensure your front office team delivers a great service, professional attention and personal recognition
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to engage with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
- Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
This job is the top Front Office job and may report to a Director of Rooms at a large luxury or resort hotel. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations, PBX, etc. May oversee a team
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/ Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience
- Must speak fluent English
- Other languages preferred
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great work environment and benefits – including but not limited to F&B Discount, IHG Employee Rate, Hotel Uniform, Meal at Employee Restaurant, excellent development, and advancement opportunities across the globe.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
*Resident of Nepal can only apply to above position.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.