Front Office Manager - Regent Santa Monica Beach Opening 2024
Hotel Brand: Regent
Location: United States, California, Santa Monica
Hotel: Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401
Job number: 121215
Regent Santa Monica Beach—an IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG) property—lands in Santa Monica as the first destination in the Americas.
Poised to open in 2024, Regent Santa Monica Beach will usher in a new era of extraordinary experiences to the California coastline. The resort will set a new standard for modern upper luxury, bringing a fresh perspective to beachfront splendor and effortlessly bold experiences to become an iconic destination.
Regent Santa Monica Beach is set on a coveted coastline location, steps from the famed Santa Monica Pier. The resort will celebrate the beauty of unexpected harmony through contrasts, delivering inspired stays through a blend of serenity and a touch of decadence. The resort will feature sumptuous and tranquil rooms and suites, along with a stunning beachfront pool deck with multiple pools and a destination spa and wellness center. Additionally, Regent Santa Monica Beach will welcome guests from near and far with unforgettable epicurean experiences, including a restaurant concept created in collaboration with an acclaimed celebrity chef as well as a high-end artisanal marketplace.
We are seeking a highly motivated Front Office Manager to lead our team of dedicated professionals at our luxury hotel. The role involves overseeing the daily operations of the Front Office department, ensuring exceptional guest service, maximizing revenue opportunities, and maintaining a harmonious working environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in front desk operations to deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the Regent brand to life.
A little bit about your day:
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for guests, ensuring exceptional service and satisfaction throughout their stay.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating policies and procedures to enhance guest experiences and streamline front desk operations.
- Overseeing all aspects of the Front Office department, including, registration/departure, Bellmen and Doormen services, and telephone operations.
- Training, mentoring, and empowering the front office team, fostering a team-oriented, guest-focused work environment.
- Implementing and holding the team accountable for Forbes-5-star service standards to meet and exceed guests' expectations.
- Collaborating with other department heads to optimize guest satisfaction, maintaining smooth interdepartmental communication, and upholding hotel standards.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts, monitoring expenses, and implementing cost-saving measures without compromising quality or service.
- Utilizing revenue management strategies to maximize room revenue, occupancy, and average daily rate.
- Conducting regular performance evaluations, providing constructive feedback, and identifying training needs for colleagues’ development.
- Reviewing and analyzing guest feedback and implementing necessary improvements to enhance guest experience.
- Handling guest complaints and resolving issues promptly, ensuring proper follow-up and guest satisfaction.
- Staying updated on industry trends, competition, and market demand, and recommending strategies to maintain a competitive edge.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, guests, VIPs, and corporate clients.
- Participating in the development and execution of marketing and sales initiatives to drive business growth and increase revenue.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Serving as manager on duty
What We need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management or related field (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience as a Front Office Manager, Assistant Front Office Manager, or similar role in a luxury 5 Star hotel or high-end hospitality establishment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Excellent communication and guest service skills, with fluency in written and spoken English. Additional languages are a plus.
- Proficient in hotel management software, property management systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- In-depth knowledge of front desk operations, guest service standards, and industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to handle challenging situations with composure and professionalism.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions quickly.
- Flexibility to work during evenings, weekends, and holidays as per business demands.
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $90,000.00 to $100,000.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica Beach. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A team member’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.