Front Office Manager
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Hotel: Intercontinental - Edinburgh The George (EDIGS)
Job number: R194545
Are you looking for a Front Office Leadership role that will offer you flexibility, variety, diversity and the ability to grow the Intercontinental guest experience?
InterContinental Edinburgh The George are looking for a Front Office Manager to join the team.
InterContinental® Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881 where it is nested in the UNESCO World Heritage area of the beautiful and cultured city of Edinburgh. At its heart are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens and with proud connections with literacy legends such as Robbie Burns and Sir Walker Scott. Today, The InterContinental Edinburgh The George offers the service and luxury of an InterContinental® life, with charming character in our rooms, our own Printing Press Bar & Restaurant, very own Burr & Co Coffee Shop and enchanting hospitality throughout.
Our Front Office Manager leads a team whose purpose is to ensure a guest is met with a genuine welcome and that their needs are attended throughout their stay. They communicate both internally within the front office, and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation.
Your day to day
This role will give a great opportunity for an experienced Front Office leader to coach and lead the Front of House Teams and play a major part in the property’s growth and development.
Accountable for: Reception | Switchboard | Guest Services | Concierge | Nights
- Lead a Front Office team focused on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Drive loyalty recognition for all members, ensuring Medallia score is above 85%
- Work with loyalty champion to ensure daily, weekly and monthly loyalty enrolment targets are met.
- Ensure that FO operations are run in a smooth, efficient manner in line with guest expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maximise cost effectiveness and productivity within the Front Office team by ensuring compliance with established budget, labour and revenue benchmarks
- Ensure that the teams maintain a high level of product knowledge of the hotel, brand and local area.
- Become fully conversant with all FO-related systems and equipment and proactively maximise the use of all IT tools provided by the company to their full capacity.
- Accountable for overall performance of team including guest experience, workforce planning (including rostering) and departmental profit delivery
- Solve complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions
- Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right decisions
- Owns, performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement
- Creates pride in team to deliver consistent guest experience
- Demonstrates relevant cross-functional experience and/or in-depth knowledge of relevant functional topic
- Builds confidence in the team recognising good performance
- Focussed on attraction, development and retention of great talent
- Creates an inclusive environment where new ideas are welcomed, and best practice can be shared
What we need from you
The ideal Front Office Manager will have extensive experience managing a people focused front of house department and have strong people management experience.
- To have managed front office within a similar property for 2+ years in a similar environment 4/5 * environment
- Leadership experience of or within a large team – proven ability to train and deliver employee development.
- Proven track record with success at training and implementation of process and audit
- Experience working with a loyalty programme and delivering results
- Good understanding of systems to support driving results –Opera, Kipsu, Salto, Procure Wizard, Quinyx
- Knowledge of service optimization tool ‘Quore’ a plus
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Front Office Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK - LI - RJS