Front Office Manager
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: Netherlands, Den Haag
Hotel: The Hague (HAGDH), Kneuterdijk 8, 2514 EN
Job number: 100178
About us voco® The Hague
At voco® The Hague, the Front Office Lead is the one managing all aspects of the Front Desk and this is more than checking guests in and out… You and your team are treating the guest with the ultimate feeling of welcome, by inviting them to “come on in”. You get to chat with our guests, direct them to all the hidden gems of the city or fulfill any other wishes. Your team of hosts should be in safe hands with you, as you will be standing in the center of your team and monitor their performance and growth daily. As part of the supportive leadership team you report into the Operational Leader and you will be in touch with all other departments more than once a day, in the end, the Front Desk is the so called “spider in the web” right? Your ultimate goal is to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for whoever steps into our flagship voco® The Hague hotel.
Destination: voco® The Hague
Come on into an iconic former bank building where offices and ATMs have made way for a brand-new hotel. First impression? 204 elegantly furnished rooms, 7 floors and a warm welcome from your future team.
Ready to land this job?
- Continuously ensuring all administrative procedures are accurate and in place.
- Recruiting and developing your team to ensure all team members are the best version of themselves and ready to deliver the voco® brand promise.
- Continuously improve your team’s performance through coaching and feedback and creating performance and development goals.
- Directing everyday activity, planning and assigning work, ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers in line with the business needs and budget.
- Training the team on brand standards and make sure SOP’s are followed.
- Ensuring all procedures regarding safety & security are updated and followed closely.
- Driving results and consistently deliver & inspire others by leading by example.
- Achieving revenue goals and delivering the voco® brand standards at every moment by ensuring that your team has the tools they need to work effectively.
- Working with the Sales Department to develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR. Leading marketing efforts to upsell guests on hotel services, offerings and amenities.
- Overseeing night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Recommending or initiating any HR related actions where necessary.
- Working with the Strategic Leadership team to develop the strategic plan and departmental budgets. Ensuring that revenue, reputation and market share goals are achieved, and results are monitored.
- Ensuring that guest satisfaction data is analysed and that plans are developed and implemented to achieve established goals.
- Communicating all pertinent information related to the expected arrival and departure of VIP’s and other key guests, or other special guest needs to appropriate departments.
- Promoting teamwork and lifestyle service through daily communication and coordination with other teams.
- Driving a great working environment for teams to thrive by connecting departments and creating the sense of one team.
- Developing awareness and reputation of voco® The Hague, Ultramarijn & Botanica in the local community.
- Living the voco® brand with pride, passion & energy. Creating & inspiring others to deliver memorable branded guest experiences.
- Ad-hoc duties as required – unexpected moments when we have to pull together as a team to get a task done.
Did you bring everything?
- Passion for hospitality.
- Knowledge of PMS system Opera is an advantage.
- A background in IHG hotels is also an advantage.
- Two to three years of leadership experience in an operations role within a hospitality environment.
- Strong organizational, task-management, leadership, creativity and presentation skills.
- Pro-active attitude and eye for detail with a natural drive for continuous improvement.
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence in order to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco® service standards to our voco ®hosts.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and in English. Another language is always a plus.
So, can we get you an upgrade?
- You’ll be part of the voco® life
- Competitive salary and travel allowance based on the distance between your home and the hotel
- Staff and friends & family discount at 6000+ IHG hotels worldwide. You’ll be able to stay at hotels for a discounted rate and you’ll get 50% discount on your restaurant and bar bill
- Special friends & family discount for stays at voco The Hague including breakfast
- Overnight stay at voco® The Hague as part of your onboarding
- We have a staff canteen in which we serve staff meals
- Curious about different departments? We offer cross trainings!
- To stay fit we offer a 20% discount on your contract with Trainmore + 1 Euro discount for every time you go!
- Discount on a collective health insurance
- Your staff uniform will be washed by the hotel
- There will be staff parties, events and departmental outings
- You’ll be working in a passionate and ambitious team
- You’ll have the opportunity to take part in trainings and workshops
- You’ll be working for an international hotel chain in the heart of The Hague
The world is at your feet!
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.