Front Desk Supervisor / Night Audit
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United States, Ohio, Cleveland
Hotel: Cleveland Clinic (CLEEA), 8650 Euclid Avenue, 44106
Job number: 123042
Provide timely and professional check-in/check-out services in accordance with established scripting and standards.
At Holiday Inn® we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need team members to:
- Be you – by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready – by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care – by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action – by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier or other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Routinely check in/check-out guests, answer phones, take reservations and assist staff with job functions. May be responsible for issuing safe-deposit boxes to guest and ensuring the security of keys.
- Promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase guest satisfaction.
- Assist in supervising the front desk function; ensure staff is properly trained including service expectations, hotel facilities and services, local directions, property management and reservations systems, safety and emergency procedures, etc.
- Monitor performance and recommend corrective or disciplinary action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, and communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.)
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front office/guest relations experience including some supervisory training/experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.