Front Desk Supervisor - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: InterContinental - Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC)
Job number: R188808
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Provide timely and professional check-in/check-out services in accordance with established scripting and standards.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier or other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Routinely check in/check-out guests, answer phones, take reservations and assist staff with job functions. May be responsible for issuing safe-deposit boxes to guest and ensuring the security of keys.
- Promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase guest satisfaction
- Assist in supervising the front desk function; ensure staff is properly trained including service expectations, hotel facilities and services, local directions, property management and reservations systems, safety and emergency procedures, etc.
- Monitor performance and recommend corrective or disciplinary action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, and communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.)
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front office/guest relations experience including some supervisory training/experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans