Front Desk Manager - EVEN Hotel Pittsburgh
Hotel Brand: Even Hotels
Location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Hotel: EVEN - Pittsburgh Downtown (PITEV)
Job number: R192278
At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
- Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
- Be Encouraging by recognizing ourguestsachievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
3. Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
Your day to day
Manage the activities of a front desk shift ensuring that guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Adhere to all brand standards and desk merchandising.
- Communicate and assist in achieving departmental guest satisfaction, revenue, and profit goals and objectives. Manage labor costs and expenses within budget.
- Assist in managing hotel revenue generation & maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
- Monitor performance and recommend/initiate corrective and/or disciplinary action, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in according with company policies and procedures. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Manage all aspects of front desk operations for assigned shift. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Train appropriate staff on procedures for PBX to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations.
- Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security.
- Throughout shift conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration or related field plus one or more years front office/guest services experience including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.