Front Desk Agent (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: Miami (MIAHA), 100 Chopin Plaza, 33131
Job number: 105251
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, and seven times TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day:
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Front Desk Agent, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
- Offer an enhanced experience to every guest upon checking in.
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
- Acknowledge IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Start every stay right by swiftly checking guests in and out - take IDs, hand out room keys, and control and release safety deposit boxes
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed
- Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
What we need from you:
- Communication skills - guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
- Fluency in the local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Literate and tech-savvy - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computers
- Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential
- Experience - ideally you’ll have spent at least one year in a front desk or guest service position
- Strength - sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling
What we offer:
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.