Front Desk Agent - InterContinental San Francisco
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: San Francisco (SFOHB), 888 Howard Street, 94103
Job number: 101863
A little bit about your day to day
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Front Desk Agent, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
What we need from you
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience.
- Acknowledge IHG One Rewards members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay.
- Handle cash and credit transactions.
- Start every stay right by swiftly checking guests in and out - take IDs, hand out room keys, and control and release safety deposit boxes.
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns.
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary.
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed.
- Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador.
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule.
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help.
- Communication skills - guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories.
- Fluency in the local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential.
- Literate and tech-savvy - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computers
- Flexibility - overnight, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential.
- Experience - ideally you’ll have spent at least one year in a front desk or guest service position.
- Strength - sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling.
What you can expect from us
The hourly pay range for this role is $29.75 to $31.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at InterContinental San Francisco. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.