Franchise Hotel - Senior Cluster Revenue Manager
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Dusseldorf
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express - Dusseldorf - City North - (DUSDN)
Job number: FRDUSDN699
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
This position will report directly to Director of Revenue Strategy for the Trimont Hotel Portfolio of 11 IGH Hotels in Germany.
The position will be based in Germany: full presence in the office in Düsseldorf or remotely with a 2-3 days office presence is possible
The primary purpose of this position is to monitor group and transient business thresholds within the forecast to ensure measurable improvements for demand and availability. Supply critical analysis on the effect of short range decisions effecting occupancy, average rate and rooms profit goals. Analysis of city events and activities and to project the effect of opportunities they create. Monitor competitive analysis. It's a challenging position within the commercial team. This revenue manager will work for the portfolio of Trimont and will be responsible for managing circa 4 hotels directly and overseeing the cluster revenue managers and deputizing in the absence of the Director of Revenue Strategy.
Your day to day
· Achieving the hotel budgets and monthly forecast goals.
· Monitoring data; to determine the pricing strategy to conduct and report internal price proposals based on results and financial market developments.
· Actively collaborate with cross functional teams (sales) to drive the needs of the business – including tools, data, reporting and processes.
· Determination of the market; monitoring of information/data about competitors, events, market trends and react to them
· Monitoring of (cancelled / optional) bookings in the system utilization, prices and react to it
· Conduct research on Revenue Management of key/major competitors/brands and stay up to date with intelligence in the hotel industry & market(s) and use insight to drive revenue performance for the hotels within the portfolio.
· Ensure that all available distribution channels have the right content, availability and prices.
· Providing information into the organization and general managers; delivering reports, answering question etcetera
· Ensure the effective roll out of new tools, system releases & programmes ensuring team education and adoption
· Ability to deliver presentations in a concise, well-organized manner
· Daily review and implementation of room accommodation and rate inventory controls in the various systems.
· Responsible for holding constructive and result-oriented revenue and commercial meetings with the hotels. The appropriate booking period is evaluated for proper rate and availability control. Provide a synopsis of results vs. decision from the previous week and lead discussion on future topics such as booking pace, pricing strategies, marketing opportunities and the competitive environment.
· Daily review of various reports. Address concerns and action plans with the Director of Revenue Strategy.
· Complete weekly booking pace reports and analysis on pace, recommending strategy changes when needed
· Analyze past and present trends and make recommendations for future strategies
· Prepare all Weekly, Monthly, Rolling Forecasts and Annual Budget using the various systems
· Contribute a consistent way of working in the team, aligned by set SOP’s and guidelines;
· Be motivated, committed and enthusiastic
· Be able and willing to assist other team members to provide cover during holidays or other periods as required
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other team members/director.
· Participate and initiate departmental meetings, team briefings and project work
· Provide support, coaching and direction to GMs and RM’s to ensure execution of effective strategies and actions for revenue management in line with the applicable service level for their hotels
· Build long term, commercially beneficial relationships within your customers/clients and guests;
· Ensure accurate and customer focused correspondence with clients and stakeholders
· Handle all administrative tasks in an efficient and timely manner
· Keep team-members and director updated in a timely manner
· Have a sound knowledge of all technical systems and procedures relating to the role
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
· Professionally represent the portfolio in community and industry organizations and events
· Participate as team player with other central team members
· Additional duties as necessary and assigned
· This is a Revenue function for a portfolio of 11 hotels with high volume request and activities;
· You are structured, accurate, analytic and professional in your work;
· You thrive on a dynamic, high-paced environment and can keep your head up even during busy periods;
· You own and take responsibility for your own tasks;
· You have a proactive, can-do attitude and get work done, also outside office hours;
What we need from you
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career.
You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
What we offer
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in English and local language;
· Extensive knowledge of revenue management;
· Knowledge of hotel and competitive market or similar environment;
· Ability to analyse data
· Ability to priorities tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
· Excellent computer skills
· Strong communication(both verbal and written), decision making, influencing/consensus building and analytical skills with clear understanding of impact on goals and bottom line
· Previous experience in hotel, travel & tourism, service sector preferred
· Team player – with a sense of humor even in the face of adversity!
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and work related experience
· Ideally you will have a with 5+ years progressive work-related experience in financial/strategic planning, revenue management, pricing with proficiencies in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes, preferably in the hotel industry or similar environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of revenue management principles, effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies.