Franchise Hotel - Manager on Duty
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn & Suites
Location: United States, Minnesota, Duluth
Hotel: Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth-Downtown - (DULMN)
Job number: FRDULMN693
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Holiday Inn & Suites is a locally owned and operated hotel that is a proven leader within both the hospitality industry and the local community. Plus, we’re the largest hotel in the Duluth area. Which means we offer many employment opportunities for both the hospitality career professional and those interested in gaining a positive employment experience.
Your day to day
1. Monitors hotel staff in all departments to ensure all established procedures are being followed. Handles
associate-related issues and/or discipline until such time as the department head becomes involved.
2. Manages guest complaints, requests and comments.
3. Completes loss/injury, policy, and MOD reports regarding guest injuries, guest incidents of all kinds (injury, loss
or damage of property, etc.), and company assets as required.
4. Other duties as assigned by the Guest Service Manager and Director of Operations, including but not limited to:
· Counts out safe and records amounts. Stocks change bank.
· Insures that Guest Welcome Calls are completed each night, in a timely and professional manner.
· Assures that front desk, restaurants, housekeeping, and banquet departments are at proper staffing
levels for smooth operation of anticipated business.
· Performs walk-through inspections of building including both kitchens, saunas, and pool areas to
assure hotel's appearance is up to established hotel standards, and notifies housekeeping or security of
problems needing remedy.
· Completes MOD checklist for every shift.
· Ensures Front Desk is staffed when desk associate takes half-hour meal break during shift, and other
times as required.
· Inspects a minimum of 5 rooms per night using the Rooms Inspection form.
· Monitors banquet activity for proper setup and staffing, and to assure guest satisfaction..
· Ensures rooms inventory is in balance.
· Monitors recent activity on the property management system and Holidex to ensure proper operation.
· Handles voids in various hotel outlets as required.
· Completes required written reports.
· Maintains significant contact with Security Supervisor to relate security issues, concerns, and training
needs with respect to the property.
5. Shares revenue management principles with Front Desk associates and ensures these principles are followed,
thus increasing sales and the Average Daily Rate (ADR).
6. Sets goals for the Front Desk associates nightly to fill the hotel as often as possible.
What we need from you
Our award-winning property not only offers a $14.00 per hour starting wage, positive work environment with flexible scheduling, but also many other benefits including: health & life insurance, 401k retirement plans, uniforms and holiday and vacation pay. Our company also offers a scholarship program to UMD students (open to both employees and their families).
What we offer
• Understand, learn, follow and implement instructions, including Security Department and hotel standards and policies.
• Maintain a positive, cheerful attitude at all times.
• Speak and write clearly.
• Recognize deficiencies in guest rooms while inspecting or when handling guest complaints.
• Read and interpret business records.
• Deal with guests and coworkers with tact and courtesy.
• Plan and organize the work of others.
• Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on previous experience and personal opinions.
• Change activities frequently and cope with interruptions.