Franchise Hotel - Manager on Duty
Hotel Brand: Independent (SPHC)
Location: United States, Missouri, Columbia
Hotel: Independent (SPHC) - The Tiger Hotel - (COUVO)
Job number: FRCOUVO801
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Built in 1928 by Simon Construction Company, it was the first skyscraper between Kansas City and St. Louis. In 1979, The Tiger Hotel was nominated for the National Registry of Historic Places and was named one of the top ten most notable places in Boone County in 2000. Sold again in 2011, the current owners of The Tiger Hotel embarked on the most magnificent renovation to date and now The Tiger Hotel is Columbia's only 4 Diamond Hotel.
We are looking for individuals with the highest of standards, who understand what it takes to be the leader and are able to provide the utmost service to our guests. If you feel as if you have what it takes to be part of this prestigious team then we would like to speak with you.
Your day to day
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Guest Service Manager (Duty Manager) is responsible for all aspects of the hotel operation ensuring that our guests have the best possible experience and that all team members are performing at optimal levels. As Columbia's only 4-Diamond luxury boutique hotel, standards and level of services must be exceptional.
What we need from you
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $15-$18 per hour
- Health, vision, & dental insurance after 90 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance after 90 days of employment
- Food discounts during your shift
- Friends and family meal discounts
- Room discount
What we offer
• Strong leadership, communications and management skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to lead multiple departments and a diverse staff
.• Thorough knowledge of Back of the House departmental operations and individual job requirements.
• The ability to develop and maintain department programs to assure that system standards are met.
• A passion for training and continuous improvement of personnel.
.• Maintain a dedicated and consistent focus on guest service and cleanliness. Establishing and implementing appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest service complains or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
• Ability to manage a budget designed to control labor costs and other expenses.
• Ensure safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel's or owner's policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management
• Must be able to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
• Provide leadership as the hotel manager in the absence of the General Manager.
Must be able to work days 7am-3pm or nights 3pm-11pm weekdays, including weekends until after bars close (2am) and holidays